Friday, September 18, 2009

Patterns

My mom and I attended the annual San Diego Quilt Show today.
Normally I love cruising the vendors and buying new gadgets, fabric, and patterns, but my purse was recently stolen, so my bank account is frozen until all can be ironed out on Monday (long story).
So (gack!) I wasn't able to buy anything.

What I did instead, was take note of new patterns I hadn't seen, so I can buy them in the future.
What I love about quilt shows is getting exposed to indie companies that I might not find elsewhere.

I love this handmade lunch box by Quilts Illustrated, called Desk Deli.The tote has little pockets inside for silverware and icepacks, and includes the pattern for a fabric napkin.
Several online shops also sell the pattern, including Henrietta's Handbags.

Fort Street Market Bag, by Yoyomama Designs seems like a fun pattern.
I can't find a website, but see if your local quilt shop carries this brand.
You may be able to buy one on ebay also (currently seller Quilt Taffy has several available).

Heart to Hand sells some amazing purse patterns, often involving needle punching and wool felt.
Check out the website.

Lazy Girl Designs has some new patterns along with their other classics.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Alex said...

I'm looking for a easy purse pattern for a flat bottom, rectangular purse with fabric handles. I want a pattern that mimics the original Black Kate Spade bag. I do not want a tote bag pattern, or any other purse pattern that doesn't have structure. I think that the Kate Spade bags probably use plastic inserted between the fabric layers??

April 21, 2010 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger woof nanny said...

@Alex, patterns are often stiffened by using a pelon interfacing. Plastic is sometimes used on the base. So you can give structure to any bag, simply by the materials you use. My favorite pattern is Betsy True's 2-hour tote, but that is probably not what you're looking for. One option is to find a bag, even at a thrift store that mimics what you like, and cut it apart and make pattern piece with it.

April 21, 2010 at 8:08 PM  
Anonymous Burberry Handbags said...

I also want some new pattern of purses if it's hand made it will be great.Because hand made designs are more appealing now a days.

April 24, 2010 at 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home